[OS X TeX] Bug in PDFKit

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Apr 12 10:32:38 EDT 2013

Am 12.04.2013 um 14:59 schrieb Victor Ivrii:

> I found that if using hyperref I include in URL non-ASCII characters like

You've made a mistake here.

Uniform Resource Locators need to be either in 7-bit U.S. ASCII or in case on an “unsafe” encoding you would need to transform it according to RFC 1738. In the end the cyrillic characters would be encoded as %<HEX byte>%<HEX byte>. “Unsafe” means here ambiguous meaning of the code points because more than one character encoding can be applied. Punycode (RFC 3492) is another option to encode an "international" URL.

I think this restriction is still true in 2013.

There is also RFC 3987. It allows to use Unicode/ISO 10646 characters. Is it mandatory for PDF-1.4 or PDF-1.5?

--
Greetings

  Pete

There are three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who cannot.