[OS X TeX] Bug in PDFKit
vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:53:10 EDT 2013
Somehow several messages came with 3 days delay
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>wrote:
> Am 12.04.2013 um 14:59 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
> > I found that if using hyperref I include in URL non-ASCII characters like
> You've made a mistake here.
> Uniform Resource Locators need to be either in 7-bit U.S. ASCII or in case
> on an “unsafe” encoding you would need to transform it according to RFC
> 1738. In the end the cyrillic characters would be encoded as %<HEX
> byte>%<HEX byte>. “Unsafe” means here ambiguous meaning of the code points
> because more than one character encoding can be applied. Punycode (RFC
> 3492) is another option to encode an "international" URL.
> I think this restriction is still true in 2013.
I used urlencode on cyrillic part and produced pdf contains link recognized
Unfortunately tooltip in Preview shows Chinese characters -- exactly as if
I insert link with Acrobat (even if I tried to load fontenc and inputenc
and camp) while tooltip in Adobe Reader shows Cyrillic characters.
I am not sure anyway why non-PDFtoolkit based browsers (kpdf, AR, texworks)
have no grudges against plain vanilla URLs while Preview and other PDFKit
based browsers have problems.
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
> Report bugs at <
where you'll have to enter your Apple ID.
I a couple of days of testing I will submit bug report to Apple
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MacOSX-TeX