[OS X TeX] Installing mbboard (changed to TikZ stuff)

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 05:46:47 EST 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Install-tl-unx.tar.gz should be left to UNIX users, you'll be better off
> with MacTeX. Just get and install it! And if you can read documentation
> during the installation you might notice a hint of the TeX Live Preference
> Pane.

While I definitely believe that Mac users are way better using MacTeX
rather than generic UNIX installer, I would consider Mac users as a special
group of UNIX users (in contrast to generic UNIX users) rather than
non-UNIX users.

Indeed, TeXLive and MacTeX comes with many shell executables which do not
have (at least at the moment) Mac-GUI. F.e. pdfcrop. The trouble with many
MacTeX users currently is that they do not consider themselves as UNIX
users and they truly believe that TeXShop = TeX (as many Windows users
believe that WinEdit = TeX).

PS. I know, Peter, that you know better than this.

Victor

Victor Ivrii