[OS X TeX] TS+Full Screen (old vs new)

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Tue Feb 12 11:32:02 EST 2013

On Feb 12, 2013, at 9:20 AM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> When the screen switches to full screen (new method), the various TeXShop menus
> are still available by pushing the mouse to the top of the screen. Use "Display Format"
> in the "Preview" menu to switch to single page format. This will be remembered if
> you switch between the full screen and regular windows, but won't be remembered
> if you quit and start over.

Dick,

Thanks - it took me few trials to understand what you meant  but now I see: I go into full screen (new method), which gives a two-page layout, then option-click to choose Single Page mode for the preview (same as going to the preview window - didn't know it could be accessed in full screen) to display single pages in full screen mode.  I am happy that it works, but the academic question is, why doesn't full screen use the default display mode from the preferences (single/multiple pages) instead of always starting in two-page mode and asking the user to change it?

Themis