[OS X TeX] Wish for TeXShop Windows menu

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:39:41 EST 2013

On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:46 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> If by ``short paths'' you mean simply the file name do the windows
> with ``short paths'' have that Show Full Path checkbox as being
> checked?

Yes, and as mentioned earlier, Show Full Path works fine. But now that
I am using it, I see room for an improvement, namely to be able to set
the length of the path in the preferences.

(1)	Right now, I have the choice between, say:

File Name
	1.tex
	1.tex

and

Full Path
	/A/B/C/X/1.tex
	/A/B/C/Y/1.tex

(2)	What would be nice would be the option of having:

	/X/1.tex
	/Y/1.tex

(3)	More generally, when the Full Paths are, say:
	/A/B/X/C/1.tex
	/A/B/Y/C/1.tex

it would be nice to have the option of having:
	/X/C/1.tex
	/Y/C/1.tex

(4)	What would be even nicer, of course, is to have it automated back
to the first difference. :-)))

Regards
--schremmer