[OS X TeX] Word count in TS

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Mon Jan 14 06:29:20 EST 2013

On Jan 13, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Joshua Smith <jhs0807 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note, I do not mean the bibliography section, but the in-line references that are produced by the \cite command.  All those names, et. al.s, and years can add up to a lot of words.
>
> Josh

But doesn't this mean that the counter should know a lot about how the output will look? I mean, whether the references appear as numbers, of more verbose author/year, or whether et al kicks in after one of more first names, etc...? Even then, counting words is very inexact. For example, how many words is this equation?
%
\begin{equation}
   P(\mathbf{n}) = \mathbf{n!}\,P_1^{n_1} P_2^{n_2}\cdots = \mathbf{n!}\,W(\mathbf{n}) \frac{e^{-\beta M}}{q^{N}}.
\end{equation}
%

TS says 9, WordService says 12, and DropCount does not count any. Let the editor figure it.

Themis