[OS X TeX] invisible filename.synctex.gz

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jun 22 17:58:36 EDT 2013

On Jun 11, 2013, at 09:48 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2013, at 11:19 AM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:29 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> I tend to remove all the files
>>
>> By hand or do you have a way to do that in bulk? (I got lots and lots of them.)
>>
>> Interested regards
>> --schremmer

[snip]

> defaults write TeXShop AggressiveTrashAUX YES''
>
> With the last part not directly relevant but may be of interest to some folks. If .synctex.gz is not among the ones that are removed by default you can add .gz to the list as above.

I would caution against adding ".gz" to the list, because that extension can occur naturally in situations having nothing to do with TeX processing (e.g. in files like "$HOME/TeX/LifesWork-OnlyCopy.gz").  Would it work to add ".synctex.gz" to the list instead?

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large