[OS X TeX] invisible filename.synctex.gz

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 23 21:20:11 EDT 2013

On Jun 22, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2013, at 09:48 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

>>> By hand or do you have a way to do that in bulk? (I got lots and lots of them.)
>>>
>>> Interested regards
>>> --schremmer
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> defaults write TeXShop AggressiveTrashAUX YES''
>>
>> With the last part not directly relevant but may be of interest to some folks. If .synctex.gz is not among the ones that are removed by default you can add .gz to the list as above.
>
> I would caution against adding ".gz" to the list, because that extension can occur naturally in situations having nothing to do with TeX processing (e.g. in files like "$HOME/TeX/LifesWork-OnlyCopy.gz").  Would it work to add ".synctex.gz" to the list instead?
>
> Justin

Howdy,

I agree. I believe a ``compound extension'' has to be added as a special case in the TeXShop code itself. It wouldn't work to just ass it as .synctex.gz.

On the other hand I just tested Trash Aux Files… on a test file and the .synctex.gz removal is already in the code. So there is no problem.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)