[OS X TeX] "Check for updates" says 2.47 is newest

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 24 16:42:25 EDT 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Manuel <libros2 at limay.de> wrote:

> Good morning. I work with OS 10.6.8 and TexShop 2.47 from 2012. When checking for updates, I m told that I'm up to date and 2.47 is currently the newest version available. So, what am I missing?
>
> Can I just download MacTex 2013 and double click on it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manuel

Howdy,

Sounds like you are checking for updates via TeXShop which only checks for updates for TeXShop rather than updates for your TeX distribution. TeXShop 2.47 is the latest version of TeXShop available that runs under OS X 10.6.8; version 3.18 need OS X 10.7 or later.

Yes, download the MacTeX.pkg file via <http://www.tug.org/mactex/>, double click it and follow the directions. This will give you TeX Live 2013, which can then be updated using TeX Live Utility, but you will still have TeXShop 2.47!

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)