[OS X TeX] "Check for updates" says 2.47 is newest

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 24 18:03:36 EDT 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 4:07 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 24.06.2013 um 22:08 schrieb Sid El Mokhtari:
>
>> I have already Mactex 2012 and i'd like to update to MacTex 2013, there is
>> any way to update directly
>> without downloading the pkg of 2013 wich is a little big in size.
>
> No. Except – you can try an UNIX like net install! Afterwards you might need to download the Mac TeX Extras package…
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

The UNIX net install will NOT install the TeX Distribution Preference Pane or the proper structures to easily switch between distribution. You'll probably have to create a PATH by hand, etc. If you are not experienced in UNIX matters---I know Pete is---stay away from it.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)