[OS X TeX] Trying to upgrade to MacTex 2012 : Font errors

Benoit RIVET benoit.rivet at free.fr
Tue May 28 08:32:27 EDT 2013

Le 28 mai 2013 à 13:55, Eric van der Oord wrote :

> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to upgrade from MacTex 2010 to 2012.
>
> I get error warnings as this:
>
> [
> !pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file lttr8r): Font lttr8r at 461 not found
>
> ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> ]
>
> Looks as if the font and map files located in my personal library were not seen.
>
> Is that a know issue ?
>
> Have I to do some updmap ? Which one ?

When upgrading from one version of TexLive to another, you should update your font maps. With MacTex 2012 :

updmap is using the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg
updmap is using the following updmap.cfg file for writing changes:
  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg

Thus, you know which file you should edit to add new fonts. Once you edit your updmap.cfg file (adding all fonts you need), just invoke

sudo updmap-sys

and everything should be fine again.

Note that invoking :

sudo updmap-sys --syncwithtrees

indicates which map files can't be found (if any); you can then fix a failed invocation to updmap by removing references to such map files in updmap.cfg.

Regards,

Benoît RIVET