[OS X TeX] Trying to upgrade to MacTex 2012 : Font errors

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue May 28 13:07:18 EDT 2013

On May 28, 2013, at 11:34 AM, Eric van der Oord <eric.vanderoord at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Herbert. Problem solved.
>
> As a beginner, I took time to understand that updmap had to be run *after* choosing the TeXLive 2012 distribution in System prefs ;-)
>
> Best Regards
>
> Eric

Howdy,

One more thing, just in case you missed it in that document. Recent versions of Tex Live utility have a preference setting that tell TeX Live Utility to run `updmap` if the update includes a run of `updmap-sys` so that any update to system fonts gets reflected in the map file containing your personal fonts.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)