[OS X TeX] A heretic thought

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 4 17:34:43 EDT 2014

On Aug 4, 2014, at 3:43 PM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:

> I started working on the 5th edition of More Math into LaTeX.
>
> And I have a thought. What would happen if  write
>
> Tex
>
> and
>
> LaTex
>
> no fancy staff. Would it not look nicer? I'm really getting tired of LATEX.
> Is this crazy? What do you think?
>

> GG

Howdy,

I know that Dick Koch much prefers using TeX and LaTeX, e.g., he always calls it TeXShop. I prefer using \TeX and \LaTeX and my documentation always uses \newcommand{\TS}{\TeX Shop} unless it's a reference to a file name like TeXShopTipsAndTricks.tex.

I would use TeX instead of Tex (as in Tex-Mex) and LaTeX instead of LaTex or Latex.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)