[OS X TeX] A heretic thought

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Tue Aug 5 22:05:25 EDT 2014

Am 2014-08-04 um 23:33 schrieb Michael Sharpe:
> In many body fonts, the spacing in LaTeX is unfortunate, as the combinations aT and Te appear unevenly kerned, with too much space in the first and not enough in the second. (It's often particularly  bad in sans serif fonts.) The macros will need kerning applied that is specific to the font you will use.

… and there’s a package for that:  Metalogo provides commands to adjust the standard logos.  I did this for the Rotis semi-serif script in my letters and invoices:
---
\documentclass{article}
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{pr1}
\usepackage{metalogo}
\setlogokern{La}{-0.2em}%
\setlogokern{aT}{-0.1em}%
\setlogokern{Te}{-0.13em}%
\setlogokern{eX}{-0.1em}%{-0.11em}%
\setlogodrop[TeX]{0.4ex}%{0.531ex}%
\setLaTeXa{\raisebox{0.5em}{\scalebox{0.8}{\textsc{A}}}}%

\begin{document}
\centering
\resizebox{\textwidth}{!}{\LaTeXe}%
\end{document}
---

-Moss-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, SatzTeXnik — Dante e.V. #1580
Professional TeXing and TeXnical counselling