[OS X TeX] Generic icon for .tex files

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 11:02:52 EST 2014

On Feb 5, 2014, at 07:55 , Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:

> Tried both, but I still don’t get the Latex icons. What I get is a TEX icon, which appears a miniature image of the first page of the document, with TEX shown at the bottom. The info window shows the TS icon.

Themis, in Finder->View->Show View Options, is "Show icon preview" checked? It sounds like you're getting a thumbnail icon from Quick Look.

If not, you may want to try some of the debugging steps in my UTI whitepaper.

https://mactlmgr.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1629/mactex_uti/mactex_uti.pdf

Notably, the mdls command to view the type, and the lsregister dump command will allow you to examine the registry and see what the OS is using for the file type and icon.

Adam