[OS X TeX] Macro sheets in TeXShop?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:50:31 EST 2014

On Mar 5, 2014, at 11:57 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Alain,
>
> Actually, and sort of to my surprise, this feature is essentially
> already in TeXShop. To see
> that, look at
>
> 	~/Library/TeXShop/Macros
>
> and notice that there are TWO macros files there:
>
> 	Macros_Latex.plist
> 	Macros_Context.plist
>
> Moreover, when ConTeXt is chosen as typesetting engine in the
> pulldown toolbar menu,
> the ConTeXt macros appear and the Macro editor is able to edit those
> macros.
>
> This feature of TeXShop was added during a TUG conference several
> years ago because
> Hans Hagen was giving a workshop on ConTeXt and wanted Macros
> specifically designed
> for ConTeXt. It hasn't received any work since then.
>
> If you had a macros file in ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros for xetex, I
> don't know if that
> file would be used if xetex were chosen.
>
> But it should be an easy matter to add code that would name a macros
> file and
> selected that whenever the top document had
>
> 	% !TEX macros = special-macros
>
> near the top. I'll see what I can do.

I truly was not expecting this and am a bit overwhelmed. I mean, I
have been picking from my ever expanding list of macros for many
years  and lived to tell the tale. It's just that I suddenly thought
"Wouldn't it be nice if ...." and indeed "was wondering" and fired the
post while taking a break from the Magnum Opus. Even if, somehow, it
doesn't work, thanks very much for considering the matter.

Somewhat embarrassed regards
--schremmer

P.S. I just checked ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros and indeed found:

	Macros_Context.plist                 Jul 3, 2011, 12:18 PM
	Macros_Latex.plist			Yesterday, 11.11 AM
as well as
	Macros_Latex~.plist			Yesterday, 11.10 AM
(No idea how this last came to be.)