[OS X TeX] Yosemite 10.10.1

pbjacob pbjacob86 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 22:54:57 EST 2014

Howdy,

Several days ago, I formatted the hardware and installed the Yosemite 10.10. 0.
Then I installed the BasicTeX with some packages I need, and kept on updating the packages all the time via tlmgr commands.
The TeX worked well.

When I updated my mac into 10.10.1, I found there is something wrong with TeXworks.app.
For example, I create a new .tex file as follows:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

In TeXworks.app, I compile the file using XeLaTeX, and obtained the following messages:

This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99991 (TeX Live 2014) (preloaded format=xelatex)
restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./draft.tex
LaTeX2e <2014/05/01>
Babel <3.9k> and hyphenation patterns for 21 languages loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2014basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2014/09/29 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/texlive/2014basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
(./draft.aux) [1] (./draft.aux)sh: xdvipdfmx: command not found
)
Error 32512 (driver return code) generating output;
file draft.pdf may not be valid.
SyncTeX written on draft.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on draft.log.

However, if I type the compiling commands in the terminal such as xelatex draft.tex, it outputs the right pdf file and no error messages come out.
It seems that my TeX system works well, but the TeXworks.app doesn’t.

So, how can I repair my TeXworks.app? Thank you!

By the way, the path settings in TeXworks.app are as follows in my mac:
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin