[OS X TeX] Do these run under Yosemite.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 31 10:03:03 EDT 2014

Howdy,

I know that TeXworks and other apps have problems running tools that run sub-processes because of a Yosemite bug in passing the environment when done in a GUI application. TeX Live Utility 1.19 fixes the problem and TeXShop never suffered from the bug.

Lyx also suffered from the problem. However, a new version of Lyx (2.1.2.1) just came out and I wonder if it fixes the problem. Could folks that use Lyx on Yosemite please update and let me know.

There are several other Front Ends, like Aquamacs, TeXmaker and TeX-Studio, that I have no reports about. If you are using one of those under Yosemite please let me know if there is a problem (especially if you are using xe(la)tex or latexmk which spawn sub-processes).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)