[OS X TeX] Command completion troubles

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Thu Sep 4 00:16:22 EDT 2014

Hello Herb,

I knew you would not give up!  :—)

On 03Sep2014, at 6:17 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2014, at 7:05 PM, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at shaw.ca> wrote:
>

>> Thanks for that! But I know what you are thinking about now! Why does it not work with the ESC key? :—)
>>

> Howdy,
>
> What Mac are you using? Can you try a difference keyboard? I wonder if there is a problem with your Esc key.

I’m using an iMac running under OS X 10.9.4.

I tried Canadian English, British, and US keyboards and with each the TAB key works and the ESC key does not.

My keyboard is about 4 years old! I’m not aware of any problems with it. Vut

> Try to type something that gives rise to a dialog box; e.g. Ctl+Power Key should bring up a Shut Down dialog box (If you don't have a Power Key Ctl+Eject Key should do it). Pressing Esc should be the same as clicking on Cancel, it should cancel the dialog box.

I tried the above. The Shut Down dialog came up and pressing ESC had no effect, it did not cancel the alert. I had to click CANCEL to avoid the shut down. I checked twice.

So ….. it appears that YOU have discovered that the ESC key on my keyboard is NOT functioning.

Next you’ll be discovering whether I take milk, beer, or wine before going to sleep.

Great Great sleuthing Herb!

don green dragon
fergdc at shaw.ca