[OS X TeX] bug with the cyrillic fonts

V.Yu. Shavrukov v.yu.shavrukov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:37:25 EDT 2014

dear Juan,

On Sep 25, 2014, at 04:17, juan tolosa <juantolo at me.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your sample file. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I did change the encoding to "UTF8" as recommended in your file. All I got instead of cyrillic were question marks. And I had to remove the "emptyset" symbol as well, otherwise the typesetter complained. I did typeset in LaTeX, by the way, just in case, but it didn't help. I attach the pdf and the log files. 

Interesting.  The question marks in your output do come from the right font file.  This could be consistent with something being wrong with the source.  When you change the input encoding in TS' preferences, I am not sure how it affects previously existing source files or any material pasted into those.  But if you made a new file after changing the preference, that probably can't be it.  One way to make sure is to open the source file from TextEdit while selecting UTF-8 plain text encoding (File —> Open -> select UTF-8 in the dropdown list) and verifying it looks as intended.

You can also try \documentclass{article} instead of amsart, the latter does not always play nice with other stuff (and you get a shorter log file).

If that does not help, do send me your source file — not that I promise anything.

On Sep 24, 2014, at 04:36, V.Yu. Shavrukov <v.yu.shavrukov at gmail.com> wrote:
> \usepackage[T1,T2A]{fontenc} % whichever encoding is mentioned first, is the "default"

I was wrong about that as well, the LAST one in the options list is the default.

> as ever,
> Volodya

More information about the MacOSX-TeX mailing list