[OS X TeX] Anyone still using... ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 17 10:20:49 EST 2015

Howdy,

I'd like to get an idea of how many folks are still using the `glossary' package (which is superseded by the `glossaries' package and is no longer included in TeX Live)? Also, how many folks have old documents that used the `glossary' package and still typeset those documents on occasion?

Finally, do we have folks that use some of the more advanced features of the `glossaries' package and would like better support for those features with the latexmk engines in TeXShop?

Let me explain a bit. The present configuration files for the latexmk engines for TeXShop have rudimentary support that works for both the `glossary' and `glossaries' package. However, to use some of the more advanced features of the `glossaries' package requires changes to the configuration files that removes direct compatibility with the `glossary' package. For those who occasionally need to typeset documents that use the `glossary' package I can also supply a `project configuration', platexmkrc, file to place in the same folder as those files that restores the `glossary' compatibility for all files in that folder so all isn't lost.

Note: I haven't had any requests for any of this so it seems folks on this list aren't rally in need of these changes, but...

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)