[OS X TeX] input stack -- was: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 87, Issue 10

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 02:06:45 EST 2015

On 01/18/2015 02:23 PM, Hilton, Harry H wrote:

> The problem is not an ill defined macro or infinite loop. The problem
> stems from the fact that hyperref is filling up its table with many
> entries of eqs., bibliography, etc. references.

[...]

>  How do I increase the input stack?

If Claus Gerhardt's advice doesn't work, please post your question to
the TeXhax mailing list:

The value you're looking for is defined in

     /usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf

as
     stack_size = 5000       % simultaneous input sources

*But this value has to be changed in*

     /usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf.cnf

After that, I'm almost sure you have to run

     fmtutil-sys --all

(as root or with sudo), a long process which might throw some errors, in
which case I would re-run fmtutil-sys with the option

    --byfmt [formatname]

for those formats that failed the initial run (see the man or texdoc
page of fmtutil-sys).

But please ---*please*--- check this first in the TeXhax mailing list...
and be prepared to reinstall TeXLive if something goes wrong.

Best

Axel