[OS X TeX] Feature request on TeXShop's "Experiment" mechanism

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Wed Jun 3 20:56:49 EDT 2015

> On Jun 4, 2015, at 02:17, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au> wrote:
>> On 04/06/2015, at 9:01 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>> I believe the real problem is that Adobe tends to want to install all sorts of stuff you don't want when you install Adobe Reader (e.g., a Safari plugin so that pdf files are displayed by AR rather than the built-in pdf display).
>
> Well, this plugin is a very good thing, in my experience,
> supporting a lot of the things that I've mentioned earlier;
> e.g. file attachments, annotations, JavaScript actions, etc.
> In what way do you find it deficient?

Herb may have been referring to the fact that the Safari plugin for displaying PDFs via AR is installed and activated without asking. That has been my experience in the past.

As a side remark, for some of the tasks such as filling forms, annotating, adding deleting and reordering, and combining PDFs, while quite deficient in the past, I find Preview has improved a lot.

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *    http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu