[OS X TeX] TeXShop: what's in ~/Library/Application Support/TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 12 15:42:13 EDT 2015

> On Jun 12, 2015, at 10:47 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm using TeXShop 3.51. In ~/Library/Application Support/TeXShop I find folders TeXShop 3.38, TeXShop 3.42, TeXShop 3.45, TeXShop 3.45.1. Each of those has a single, correspondingly named zip file.
>
> To see what's in those zips, I tried to expand them, and each time I got an error message "Unable to expand....".
>
> Are these just detritus from earlier versions of TeXShop that can safely be deleted?

Howdy,

Just looked in ~/Library/Application Support/TeXShop on my system and it's empty! I assume they are detritus from previous versions but I wonder why you have them and I don't. Try to dump them all in the trash and see that everything still works; I suspect it will.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)