[OS X TeX] Bibtex alias

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Mar 25 11:09:12 EDT 2015

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 10:00 AM, Alessandro Languasco <languasc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi all,
>
> I usually insert a symlink to my .bib file in any folder
> containing a scientific paper I'm writing. This work nicely.
>
> best regards
> Alessandro Languasco

Howdy,

Why when there is a location you can place the bib file so TeX automatically finds it. If it's a personal bib file place it in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib. If it is to be used by multiple users of your system place it in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/bibtex/bib (and run

sudo mktexlsr

giving your admin password when requested to let TeX know that texmf-local was changed).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)