[OS X TeX] Changing scale in TeXShop preview window [was: Re: TeXShop 3.72]

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 13 11:56:09 EDT 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 5:01 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

>>> Try Cmd-_ (i.e., hold down the Shift key and use the -, just like actually using Cmd-+ where you hold the Shift key and press the = key (US Keyboard). I guess the strange thing is the Cmd-= also enlarges but Cmd-- doesn't do the opposite.
>>
>> Yep, that is weird: that it takes Cmd&Shift&- (i.e., Cmd&_) for reducing the scale, whereas Cmd&= works just fine (without any Shift) for increasing scale.  Definitely not the same behavior as in OS X Preview.app.
>
> Howdy,
>
> Ok, do this... first close TeXShop, then...
>
> Open the Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard pane in System Preferences. Choose App Shortcuts and add a new shortcut by pressing the + button. Change the application to TeXShop, the Menu Title to Zoom Out and the keyboard shortcut to Cmd-- (i.e., press the Cmd and - keys) and then the Add button. You have now changed Zoom Out to be activated by Cmd--! Enjoy.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Sigh... following the directions above does indeed make Cmd-- enact Zoom Out in the Preview Window but it also removes that command from Zooming Out for the Source window. I rarely zoom the Source window (except when I do a Workshop) so that's not a big deal. But I find being able to Zoom Out in the Preview Window more useful when examining some displays, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)