[OS X TeX] Sierra 10.12.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 3 08:25:41 EDT 2017

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 12:46 AM, Simon Spiegel <simon at simifilm.ch> wrote:
>

> I can’t confirm this. I updated to 10.12.4 immediately and didn’t experience any problems with neither TeXShop or Skim which I both use daily (the only PDF-related problems I have, is that copy/paste does not handle umlauts and ligatures properly, but this has been a long-standing issue).
>
> Simon

Howdy,

As far as the copy/paste problem is concerned using the default OT1 font encoding (this is the default) will give rise to that problem since é is a combined character there. Add the line \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} to your preamble to use the  CMSuper fonts or ALSO add the line \usepackage{lmodern} to use the Latin Modern fonts.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)