[OS X TeX] Sierra and TeXShop

Pietro CELADA pietro.celada at unipr.it
Mon Apr 10 13:42:51 EDT 2017

dear fellow TeXers,

in spite of several warnings on potential issues,
I recently upgraded to OSX 10.12.4 (shame on me ...).

as soon as I did, I started experiencing the following
weird behavior with TeXShop.

when the typesetting stops due to an error, if I write
E in the log window to go back to the point where the error
occurred, then TeXShop freezes completely. I can only force
quitting and then TeXShop keeps on freezing at any successive
attempt of opening any other TeX file. To have TeXshop working
again, I've to discard all the auxiliary files (aux, pdf, log
and synctex) or open the source file using a different editor,
correct the error and then typeset the file again from the
command line.

did anyone notice anything similar? and can anyone reproduce
the problem with the attached mwe file?

the problem seems to be tikz-related: if I comment out
\usepackage{tikz}, the problem disappears.

I also reinstalled MacTeX2016 (I had 2013) to no avail.

can anyone suggest what has to be done to fix the problem
or point me in the right direction?

thanks to anyone in advance,

         Pietro

MacBook Air 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, OSX 0.12.4
MacTeX2016 and TeXShop 3.77

Il 5xmille a favore dell’Università di Parma (indicando il codice fiscale 00308780345) è un gesto tanto semplice quanto importante per creare nuove opportunità di lavoro per giovani di talento nell'ambito della ricerca scientifica.