[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.84: how make Color Index permanent

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:50:24 EDT 2017

On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> In (much?) earlier versions of TeXShop than the current 3.84, it was possible to make the Color Index preference permanent, by issuing the command-line command:
>
>   defaults write TeXShop indexColorStart YES
>
> This no longer seems to work: after I set that, open TeXShop, check the Color Index box for a file, save the file, quite TeXShop, reopen TeXShop, and reopen that file, once again the Color Index box is NOT checked and the \index commands are NOT colored.
>
> Is there a fix?

Either the preference “indexColorStart” shown in

    http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2016-September/055103.html <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2016-September/055103.html>

seems to have been, or at least now is, erroneous in neglecting to capitalize “index” at the start (meaning that preference names are case-sensitive), or else it really matters that one use “true” rather than “YES” when setting the preference.

Which is it?.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334