[OS X TeX] very slow pdflatexmk runs after upgrade TeXShop to 3.80

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jul 14 14:13:49 EDT 2017

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, the pdflatexmkrc you show is indeed the one I have; not sure what it was I mistakenly listed as such.
>
> The missing files given in the console output are due to a number of \includeonly statements, for frontmatter I’m not processing currently but that are given in preceding \include statements, and a switch set for now that skips two printbibliography commands in the backmatter.

Howdy,

Ok... please try this: clean out all .aux files (even any of those not included in the rpesent document); comment out any \includeonly and add the bibliography stuff so you compile the complete document; once that's done put back the \includeonly stuff and remove the bibliography stuff and compile again. Does it run faster now that all those other aux files are present?

If it doesn't I can send you the previous latexmk script so you can test that.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)