[OS X TeX] very slow pdflatexmk runs after upgrade TeXShop to 3.80

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 18:16:09 EDT 2017

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 2:13 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 14, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, the pdflatexmkrc you show is indeed the one I have; not sure what it was I mistakenly listed as such.
>>
>> The missing files given in the console output are due to a number of \includeonly statements, for frontmatter I’m not processing currently but that are given in preceding \include statements, and a switch set for now that skips two printbibliography commands in the backmatter.
>>

> Ok... please try this: clean out all .aux files (even any of those not included in the rpesent document); comment out any \includeonly and add the bibliography stuff so you compile the complete document; once that's done put back the \includeonly stuff and remove the bibliography stuff and compile again. Does it run faster now that all those other aux files are present?
>
> If it doesn't I can send you the previous latexmk script so you can test that.
>
> Herb Schulz

Each time after quitting TeXShop, I always do zap all the aux files (via a little shell file) in the entire tree holding my document root.

After commenting out the entire \includeonly block, compilation is no faster. Ditto after putting it back (with all needed .tex source files for the entire document listed in the \includeoly.

I do have saved, outside the current ~/Library/TeXShop tree, the previous
    ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatesmk/latexmk
(as well as the previous ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/latexmk.engine)
from the prior TeXShop version.

Should I just try renaming the new latexmk and substituting the one from the prior release? Will that cause any conflict with the current latexmk.engine?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334