[OS X TeX] Mactex-20180417 and TexShop path problem: path not updated

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Apr 29 21:45:01 EDT 2018

LocalTeX is a replacement for the TeX Dist Preference Pane which, for fun, I provided several years ago,
at the same time promising that it would never be part of MacTeX. Apparently you installed it and then
forgot about it. It is still available on my web site,

	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch

I suggest you go there just to find out how it worked, and then remove it. You'll need to reconfigure TeXShop not to use it.

It still works, and you can also just configure the preference pane to use the latest global TeX distribution,
which will turn out to be TeXLive 2018. Your choice.

Dick Koch