[OS X TeX] Mactex-20180417 and TexShop path problem: path not updated (PS)

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Apr 29 21:55:44 EDT 2018

When the "Local Pane" was written, we still distributed Jerome Lauren's "Global Preference Pane". So the Local Pane
has a selection that probably reads "Use Global Preference Pane" or something like that. But that item ACTUALLY means
"Use the Standard Global Mechanism to Select a Distribution", which is nowadays the choice made by TeX Live
Utility. When MacTeX-2018 is installed, this default distribution is set to TeXLive 2018.

Dick