[OS X TeX] troubles with TeXShop and network disks

wambacq patrick.wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Aug 1 11:24:47 EDT 2018

Hi Dick,

thanks for your response. I understand that you are too busy right now and that you don't have the software that I use. But I want to add some more information below that could be interesting to other people who read this and who are using a similar setup:

- I run TeX locally, but the files that need to be typeset are on a network volume

- there is no need to move back a resulting pdf to my mac at the end of the script; the network volume should behave in the same way as a local volume. If this works as expected, nothing needs to moved around. You are right that files can be copied over the network to my machine, processed locally and at the end of the day everything can be copied back but this is a hassle and since then there are two versions of the files (locally and remotely) this is a recipe for diverging versions if I am not careful enough (yes, I know that this can be scripted, but still). And it is not needed if the network volume behaves as expected.

I am waiting for the support engineers of Mountain Duck to hopefully come up with a solution.

Thanks

Patrick