[OS X TeX] Latex symbol for "define equal"

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Sun Aug 19 17:50:04 EDT 2018

I believe that Don Knuth favors using the plain equals sign = for everything including definitions. I read it somewhere but can’t recall the source. One bit of evidence is that in his book “Concrete Mathematics” the floor and ceiling functions are defined using the equals sign (1989 edition, page. 67).

Raul Martinez