[OS X TeX] TeXShop "Show Help for Package" not working?

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 04:09:54 EST 2018

Hi

I often use TeXShop's Help->Show Help for Package command.

In recent versions, a problem started happening, where it became impossible to type the package name (or anything); typing in that window just beeps.

Usually, quitting and restarting TeXShop fixed it, but now (running 3.96 on 10.13.2) even that stopped helping. It is impossible to type in the texdoc window, and I have to cancel.
This is NOT a problem with texdoc; I can't even get there because I can't type the package name; and, yes, texdoc works fine in the Terminal, and that is my current workaround.

Does anyone else see this? Any idea why this may be happening?
Granted, since I can use the Terminal, it is not a showstopper, but still a bit annoying.

Greetings

LS