[OS X TeX] New distribution

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri May 11 00:21:28 EDT 2018

Herbert Schulz,

It is interesting to read about the amazing voodoo you concocted to get icons back. Every so often I try to make sense of Apple's icon design, but without much success.

I wonder if you'd mind writing Pierre Chatelier about your discovery and asking him if he would mind removing the troublesome UTI for LaTeXiT Helper. Pierre is keeping LaTeXiT up to date, which is great for all of us, but I have the impression that he no longer uses TeX for his own work, so he may not see this mail chain. I'm very much against modifying applications in MacTeX behind the author's back.

But perhaps we can make things a little smoother for users while continuing to do the right thing with author's works.

(Similarly, as you know, TUG doesn't directly modify style and class files, but instead insists that authors make the modifications and submit them to CTAN. TUG then gets the new versions from CTAN.)

Dick Koch