[OS X TeX] New distribution

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Fri May 11 13:12:15 EDT 2018

> On May 11, 2018, at 11:56 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 11, 2018, at 11:48 AM, Richard Seguin <riseguin at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have a .tex document sitting in my dock for quick access. When I click on it, it comes up in BBEdit as desired. The icon is rather fancy, with what appears to be a graphic in the middle right hand side, and “LATEX” in large letters across the bottom half. This icon may have had a BBEdit defined icon fairly recently and if so I'm not sure when it changed. If I look at the same file in the finder, I see an icon which may be an image of the first lines of the document, plus “TEX” in small letters on the bottom. I don’t care much what the icon looks like as long as it opens in BBEdit. What’s strange are the inconsistencies.
>>
>> Richard Séguin
>>

> Howdy,
>
> That sounds like you have `Show icon preview' checked for that folder. With that folder selected Select View->Show View Options (Cmd-J) in Finder and uncheck that box.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz

Ah ha, that did it! Now the icon in the finder looks like the one in the dock. Thanks!

I wonder which application this icon is associated with though. Is it possible that it’s not a BBEdit icon but still opens with BBEdit? I could attach an 8KB .jpg graphic, but I’m not sure if that’s allowed here.

Richard Séguin