[OS X TeX] Error in MD5 checksums when updating texlive.infra

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Nov 12 16:47:51 EST 2018

On Nov 12, 2018, at 11:56 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

Sigh... I was taking the md5 of that file. I guess it's the md5 of a target of some sort. Looking at update-tlmgr-latest.sh it looks like it's using `md5sum` which doesn't usually exist on a mac (you usually use `md5` on a mac) so I'm not sure what's going on.

Update-tlmgr-latest.sh does an md5 internally, and that's where it's failing. I've emailed Norbert and Karl to see if they have any insight. I can't reproduce the problem myself.

-- adam