[OS X TeX] No messages in TeXShop console

Stephen Anderson sra.linguist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:22:08 EST 2018

Since upgrading to TexShop 4.17/MacOS 10.14.1 on my MBP-retina, I notice that messages no longer show up in the TeXShop console when I run LaTeX on a document. I have the document open (not for editing, since I use AquaMacs for that), and click on the Typeset or BibTeX buttons; focus shifts to the document console window and the program in question runs; the console window scrolls down but nothing appears in it. Then focus returns to the typeset document window, but there are no messages to show what happened (including any errors that may have occurred). What’s up?

--

Steve Anderson