[OS X TeX] 1. annotated bibliography

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 9 15:49:51 EDT 2018

> On Oct 9, 2018, at 2:39 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 9, 2018, at 2:32 PM, Bridget Kane <kaneb at tcd.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you so much Herb for spotting my mistake.
>> I had spent ages searching for a reason and couldn’t see why it wouldn’t work for me.
>> I fixed my mistake that you spotted and now it works perfectly!
>>
>> Thanks again
>>
>> Bridget
>
> Howdy,
>
> Ok... now try this:
>
> Place the line
>
> % !TEX program = latexmk
>
> at the top of your .tex file and then typeset the file simply using Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) menu item. That will completely typeset your document running latex, bibtex and latex the proper number of times to fully typeset your document. No more running
>
> latex
> bibtex
> latex
> latex
>
> (and, depending upon what you're doing latex again and/or makeindex, etc.).
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Sigh... if you're actually using pdflatex the line should be

% !TEX program = pdflatexmk

and if you really are just using latex rather than pdflatex you'll have to activate the latexmk engines before using them.

To activate all of the latexmk based engines open up click on the
TeXShop->Open ~/Library/TeXShop command to open the ~/Library/TeXShop folder. Open the Engines folder and then the Inactive folder and, inside that one, the Latexmk folder. Copy all the files with extension .engine directly into the Engines folder (You'll be asked if you wish to replace the pdflatexmk.engine file---click yes). Then restart TeXShop.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)