[OS X TeX] cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Sat Sep 15 07:12:40 EDT 2018

After using Excalibur for many years I decided to give cocaAspell a try. This is all done after clean install of High Sierra on a freshly reformatted disk.

I installed cocoSspell from MacExtras and the installation went fine (I was expecting problems based on Herb’s tutorial "A First Time Install of cocoAspell in El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra”).

I selected dictionary “English (United States) [w_accents] (I don’t understand the difference between the various US dictionaries), and checked the TeX/LaTeX filter.

I opened a source file in TS 4.01 and  while most latex commands are properly ignored, others aren’t, for example, \includegraphics, \textit and \mathcal, among others. Apparently the user can add latex commands under the tab Filters in the cocoAspell preference pane. "includegraphics[]{}" is already in that list but is still marked as a typo in the source. I added “textit{√}”, as per instructions on the preference pane, but it is still marked as a typo in the source.

Any suggestions?

Themis