[OS X TeX] Text document format with TeXShop 4.09

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Sep 24 22:06:18 EDT 2018

This is not a change. Line numbers always worked that way. If you routinely put a RETURN toward the end of each line, then
each line is separate and receives a number. But otherwise, if you let TeXShop insert soft line feeds (which aren't really line feeds),
then you are writing long lines, maybe paragraph length, and each receives only one number.

The other feature about first line unindented and remaining lines indented is described in the (long) changes document and can be turned off if you don't like it.

Dick Koch