[OS X TeX] Text document format with TeXShop 4.09

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 24 22:06:30 EDT 2018

> On Sep 24, 2018, at 8:56 PM, R Martinez <rm.tech at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded today to TS 4.09 from 4.01 and to my surprise the line numbering has changed.
>
> In 4.01 and all its prior versions, every line was numbered.
>
> Now, only the first line of a chunk of text is numbered and the remainder of the text chunk is indented and the lines unnumbered. This applies to new paragraphs containing several sentences and to text that is not a new paragraph that follows display equations.
>
> I had never seen this effect before.
>
> What did I do wrong? Is there a new feature or setting in TS 4.09 that I need to set?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Raul Martinez

Howdy,

If you are using soft wrapping of a paragraph it is really just one line. It has always been that way!If you type a Return (newline) it starts a new line.

A recent additional option allows the start of a paragraph that is soft wrapped to have a particular indent (default 0pt) and the rest of the soft-wrapped lines to have another indent (default 30pt). See the Style section of the Editor tab in TeXShop->Preferences.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)