[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.22

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sat Jan 5 20:56:41 EST 2019

I don't need to see the log file. The key point is the message "Repeating Job." This message says that the bug occurred and TeXShop typeset again. So what I wonder is how frequently you see that message. (My experience here is: very, very, very seldom.)

If your jobs also can be typeset with XeTeX, then I'd like to know if that gives more, fewer, or roughly the same number of "Repeating Job."

If you see a lot of "Repeating Job," then you may had that rare animal that causes the bug, and then I'd like to have the full source if possible. HOWEVER there is some evidence that this bug may be due to (or made worse by) virus checkers. So if you installed a virus checker and are getting a lot of "Repeating Job", then what checker is it, and what happens when you turn it off?
Do the errors become less frequent?

Warning: Please remember that I've switched forus to making MacTeX-2019 for several months, so information will interest me, but I cannot drop what I'm doing to follow up on it much. Unless, that is, the ultimate cause of the bug becomes apparent.

Dick