[OS X TeX] Announce: MacTeX-2019

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 9 18:40:23 EDT 2019

> On May 9, 2019, at 3:16 PM, juan tolosa <juantolo at me.com> wrote:
>
> I have just updated to the newest MacOsTeX, and I have a small inconvenience:
>
> as soon as I click on a TeX file, Excalibur opens, and I can find no easy way to avoid this; this never happened in the past (I’ve been using MaOsTeX for about five years). What is the fastest way to tell  Excalibur "thank you, but no thanks?"
>
> Thanks,
> Juan

Howdy,

In Finder select any .tex file and type Cmd-I. Make sure the `Open With:' section is Open (triangle down) and select TeXShop from the popup list (you may have click on `Other…' and find it). Finally Click on `Change All…' and agree. From then on all .tex files with Open with TeXShop when Double-Clicked.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)