[OS X TeX] Silly puzzle, log file

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Wed Oct 9 14:22:06 EDT 2019

George,

your image file has the same name as your \jobname ,
that is, the PDF that you are building.

Silly indeed.

On 10/10/2019, at 0:14, "gratzer via MacOSX-TeX" <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu<mailto:macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu>> wrote:

A few days ago, I posted this silly puzzle:

I'm writing a paper, swing.tex. I drew a nice illustration in Illustrator, swing.eps, converted it with TeXShop to pdf. It is included in the tex file with

\begin{figure}[htb]
\centerline{\includegraphics[scale = .9]{swing}}
\caption{Illustrating a swing}\label{F:swingillustration}
%Figure~\ref{F:swingillustration}
\end{figure}

Cannot typeset the file. Silly puzle: why?

To my surprise, nobody had the obvious answer. So now I am giving it away with the log file:

(/usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/latex/microtype/mt-euf.cfg) [1{/usr/loc
al/texlive/2019/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}]Syntax Error: Couldn't read xref table
Syntax Warning: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Syntax Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Syntax Error: Couldn't read xref table

Does this help?

George

--