[OS X TeX] "One Window" problem in TeXShop

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Fri Jul 10 15:52:33 EDT 2020

This is quite weird, and I have not figured out how to reproduce it yet[1], but I bring it up here in case it rings bells, or suggests something that might help.

I created a new .tex file using TeXShop (4.44) on macOS 10.15.5 (Catalina).

After farbling around to get it to compile (long story) I wanted to use the One Window mode.

However, what I find is that if I compile with that mode off, I get the PDF produced.  It shows up in the Window menu, and is brought forward after a successful compile.

If I switch to One Window mode from there, the PDF disappears from the Window list, the source window widens as if for the two files (source, preview), but the preview side is empty.

Switching out of One Window mode gives me both source and preview in separate windows, and going back to One Window leaves me in the above state (missing PDF in list and window, although the file itself doesn’t change or go away).

Bells ringing?  Thoughts?

This may be very simple, but I am stumped right now.

Thanks for any help!

Justin

[1] FWIW, I currently have two .tex files in progress.  One was open when I started on the second, the one showing the problem being the new one.  When I bounce back and forth between One and Separate Window mode, the first one behaves itself.  I have not modified the second one while trying to figure out what’s happening.