[OS X TeX] I can't install the Perl library(ies) needed to run latexindent

Joe Heafner heafnerj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:08:41 EDT 2020

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 06:09:28 -0400
> From: John Burt <burt at brandeis.edu>
> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] I can't install the Perl library(ies) needed
> 	to run latexindent
>
> Just looking at your post it appears to me that you need to download cpanm,
> which is a program from retrieving modules from CPAN.
> John

Okay that seemed simple enough. However, given my complete lack of experience with perl, I think I may have download and somehow installed it on top of the system perl, which I see is not advised. So, I then installed brewperl, which installed into ~/ as expected. When I now invoke perl from a command line, I still get the system perl. My $PATH seems to have the brewperl settings at the very end rather at the very beginning of the PATH, but the configuration scripts did that. I’m not sure what to do at this point. I don’t want to ruin the system perl.

Joe Heafner
Sent from one of my Macs