[OS X TeX] old latexmk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 4 00:42:32 EST 2020

> On Nov 3, 2020, at 9:20 PM, G. M.-S. <lists.gms at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It has been some time I am having problems with "% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk".  For example, the first time I typeset a file, only pdflatex is called, and I have to typeset again in order for latexmk to do its magic.  So I was wondering if the reason was the old version of latexmk.
>
> However, it is true that a similar thing happens with "% !TEX TS-program = xelatex":  the first time I typeset it tells me that latex cannot compile the file.  The second time, xelatex is called as expected.

Howdy,

I doubt that has anything to do with latexmk. I haven't seen that behavior with any version of TeXShop and latexmk and the fact that you also see it when trying to use xelatex suggests something else is going on too.

How are you typesetting the document? When you use the ``% !TEX TS-program = xxxxx'' (or ``% !TEX program = xxxxx'') declaration you typeset using Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) not Shift-Cmd-L, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)